So here's the scoop:
I am joining the Peace Corps and running off to South America. Yep, for reals. I'll be a Crop Extension Volunteer in rural Paraguay, and I leave here on September 22 to depart for staging, i.e. orientation, in Miami, and then it's on to training in country! After about 3 months of training near Asuncion, the capital, I will be assigned a permanent site for my two years of service. Though I'm sure I'll be back to visit before then, my Peace Corps service will be complete on December 11, 2011. Fun fact - that also happens to be my parents' 29th wedding anniversary.
Right now, I'm working on getting my life in order, visiting with my friends and family as much as possible, and starting thinking about packing.
I'll be back with more details about what I'll be doing, but for now I'm heading to bed. My sister's home all day with me tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment